Friday, February 5, 2010

To coach or not to coach?

To coach or not to coach? That is the question. It does not mean I do not want to coach. It means my job is getting more and more difficult. Currently coaching cheerleading to a school's green house sport's team. It is living hell. No not the cheerleaders or students, it's the damn school and it's mountain high rules. They finally allowed competing cheerleading teams to be co-ed but there are consequences. What are the consequences you ask?

Guys are not allowed to touch the girls. Even if one hair is touched during the performance the team wil be disqualified. WTF?!?!?! The only reason why we want guys in the team, is so that we can get the guys to lift the girls during the stunts. This would make their routines look much more interesting and impressive. But noooo...! Would you rather see guys lift girls? Or guys lifting guys? No offense to the single sex male teams out there as they have no choice.

Did you know that when I first went to the school to meet them, the students involved in cheerleading told my that there was this rule where, when it is school time, they guy and girl students can't be seen walking with each other or just walking side by side or else they would get detention. I just had to laugh at that. I'm sorry. I just have to. That was the first... ever! Have you heard of that? Not even walking side by side. That would be darn easy to get your friends into detention *laughs*

Anyway, tomorrow I have to go to their school to figure out how to toughen up the girls for stunts or they won't be able to lift each other. That would be sad as it is a must. If their stunts aren't amazing, I'm gonna make sure their dance and routine is. I already have feeling that their uniforms would be so amazing.

So girls, we gotta beat this! We can do it! Green, gold, white! GO, WIN, FIGHT! Love you gurls. No matter how much we suck. I still lurve u LOL..

1 comment:

Sarah Anne said...

OMGEE. are you serious? :O


GO GREEN! :)
Im in the yellow team though. hahah :)