Saturday, October 9, 2010

Au Pair


Yes, I have done it! I signed up with a program which makes me an Au Pair. What is an Au Pair you ask? An Au Pair is defined as a foreign-national domestic assistant working for, and living as part of, a host family. Typically, Au Pairs take on a share of the family's responsibility for childcare as well as some housework, and receive a small monetary allowance for personal use. This is what they call work and travel. When you register, they ask you a load of questions about childcare. I thought it was suitable for me, as I absolutely love children at the age of 1 to 5 years old and I love to travel. Working as an Au Pair allows me to travel, take children under my care AND earn money! I registered USA, UK, Italy, France, and Japan as my preferred country to work in. They allow you to choose the age of the children you would like to care for and for how long you will be in service to the family. I chose from 2 months to 9 months. Being an Au Pair, the family that hosts you does not treat you like a servant or maid. Instead they treat you like apart of their family. Just that you have to take care of their child.

I just register 2 nights ago and I have already received offers from families which live in Los Angeles, Miami, New York, and Orlando. And that's just from the USA. I have received offers from UK and Italy as well. This is actually going really smoothly as I planned. I'm extremely excited to live with a family in a foreign country. It will expand my knowledge of lifestyles and cultures. The only problem for me is that I'll have to leave my Leo here for a huge amount of time. I'll miss him like crazy. He'll be in my mind all day, everyday. Not just him. I'll miss my family too!! Especially my adorable little sister, Shenz. She makes me smile every single day. One day without her would be torture. Well, I'll just have to make sacrifices to grab onto opportunities. There will never be success without sacrifice. I'm just worried about my future with Leo. I wonder what would happen. I guess we'll see how everything goes. See how fate brings me into the future and how strong our relationship is. I can see a very bright future for Leo and I, but I'm still afraid. I mean... who isn't?!?!

Back to Au Pair families. When Au Pairs stay and care for a family, the family gives the Au Pair an allowance. So far, I've been offered around 1,500 sterling pounds a month. That's like RM7,200 a month!! Doing what I love and getting an allowance as a bonus. I know from the start I would love this job. Getting paid for doing what you love, now THAT'S what I call a job. At least, I would wake up everyday and start work with a huge smile on my face.

Au Pair's are usually aged between 18 and 25 years old. So if you're interested, visit: Easy Au Pair at http://www.easyaupair.com/

No comments: